Hyperlocal News Roundup
by Matt McGee on Jun 13, 2010 in Industry
I’ve made a fair amount of progress on that mega series about SEO and hyperlocal blogs, and can now see the light at the end of the proverbial tunnel. Hopefully that will see the light of day soon.
In the meantime, here’s the latest batch of hyperlocal news links for your reading enjoyment.
- Republic Tiger Sports Promo, www.slideshare.net — You may recognize the name David Brazeal from his comments here on HLB. David created this short video as a promotional tool for his local sports blog/site, and he’s planning to use it to help sell sponsorships for the coming school year. Check it out — it might generate a few ideas you can use for your own blog.
- Bloggers We Love: Natasha ‘Tasha’ Ball (Part 2 of 2), Outside.in Blog
- Sustainability and Success for Local News Startups, growthspur.wordpress.com
- The iPhone 4 as a portable multimedia suite for journalists, www.reportr.net — I’ve written occasionally in the past about using your mobile device for newsgathering purposes, and this article touches on some of the new iPhone’s capabilities and how they can benefit roving journalists.
- WordCount Q&A: Craig Silverman on OpenFile, hyperlocal news, michellerafter.com
- Mapping archives and local stories, socialfutures.blogspot.com
- Patch posts 300 jobs in massive expansion, Lost Remote — Are they coming to your home town? Can’t imagine they’ll ever be in my little corner of the world, at least not anytime soon. But who knows?
- New on EveryBlock: Washington, DC, building permits, EveryBlock Blog
- The rise of citizen-run websites, news.bbc.co.uk